Go here to check out our new Education page and comment below with any thoughts you may have on the page.
- Three Teen Girls off to Secondary School and Maasai Harmonial Registered as a Community-Based Organization January 15, 2017
- Cattle and Maasai Harmonial December 17, 2016
- Contraception: Is it cultural barriers or is it lack of supplies? November 30, 2016
- Progress Report November 30, 2016
- Comment on our Education page October 11, 2016
- Girls Education, Health, Sustainable Development Goals, and Population September 17, 2016
- Village Conference – Constitution for Community-Based Organization September 8, 2016
- Girls Education September 8, 2016
- Family Planning is Happening for Emburbul Women September 8, 2016
- Progress Report August 21, 2016
Subscribe to Blog
MissionTo improve the livelihoods and health of the impoverished pastoral people of Emburbul Village and to empower the girls and women of Emburbul to control their own reproduction, their own lives, and their own bodies.
It is hoped that this mission will allow the people of Emburbal to:
1. Receive guidance to secure successful livelihoods, good health, and, lastly, a sustainable population size so that the Conservation district does not require the Emburbul people to leave the Conservation Area.
2. Receive short-term financial help, only as needed, to secure a sustainable future for the Emburbul people. Except in the case of education, where longer term financial help may be needed.
3. Receive external pro bono professional help that may be needed in areas of water supply/safety or building a school.
4. Become self-sufficient without destroying their culture.
5. Realize the potential of investment of Emburbul’s own resources, including animal husbandry, to secure a better livelihood. For example, swapping out bulls for a hardier breed.
6. Realize the potential of providing education for young men and women to a) improve livelihoods in the village such as animal husbandry or b) externally, such as health care worker or wild life management, so that they can provide for their family.
7. Realize the potential of empowering women to have more control over their own lives and deciding for themselves how many children they bear that would good for their own health and the health of a family - so that they can afford to provide for their basic needs.